Monday, November 3, 2014

70° and FREEZING!!

Hello!

So this week was pretty good. Not too much to say about it. We had a
few lessons but a lot cancelled. But that's missionary work, it
happens. We had a few miracles happen as well. Miracles are always
happening in our lives we just need to stop and recognize them. Here
are some highlights.

Well, for Halloween we had interviews with our mission president then
did service for an elderly couple after our dinner. It was good.

The time change was great! I ended up going to bed at 10 so I got 9:30
hours of sleep! Beautiful sleep! Probably the most precious thing to
missionaries! Besides golden investigators!

Saturday we had a awesome lesson with the M. family! They had really
good sincere questions about he atonement. My brain hurt so bad
afterwards! It was good! They love learning and are so intrigued by
the plan of salvation!

We had a really good sacrament meeting! The spirit was so strong. An
elder came home from his mission and bore his testimony and other bore
strong testimony of christ. We were so bummed none of our
investigators were there. Last week we had 5 this week we had 0. We
didn't have a dinner Sunday and being fast Sunday was really sad,
luckily we were able to snag someone after church and they were
willing to feed us!

It rained this week! It was so needed! And it got so cold!!! Cold
being in the high 60s and low 70s which I used to think was perfect
but it was SO COLD!! I guess I'm turning into a Californian...and I
used to make fun of people who got cold with this weather. But it was
nice. A relief from the 80s!

I'm sorry this is so short. Nothing too exciting happened. I love
being a missionary and all I'm learning! I'm so thankful for the
opportunity to serve and bless others lives and in turn they bless
mine! I am so thankful for the Atonement which is so intertwined in
everything in the gospel! It is amazing what we have because of Jesus
Christ and the infinite love that He and Heavenly Father have for us.

I love you all! Have a great week and stay warm!

Love, Sister Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment