Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Missionary Work

Hello everyone!

This week has been pretty good. We had exchanges on Friday to Saturday
and that was fun. I went to Glendora which us right next to Azusa and
I saw a sister from the Azusa ward while I was in Glendora. The
mountains are so brown after the fire that happened right before I
left.

We taught some good lessons this past week. I think the most exciting
one was yesterday where we taught a lady who is returning to church
and she has a goal to go to the temple and be sealed to her husband
who recently passed away. The spirit was so strong and he she shared
her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was really cool.

We tried to find more because a lot of our investigators are not
progressing. We are praying and searching for someone to be baptized
in April. Sadly we had to drop a few of our investigators. One moved
all of a sudden and the other was not interested anymore. We will
probably be dropping a few more this week because of their
understanding and commitment is not high.

But on Tuesday (last Tuesday) we had a lesson with an investigator at
a members home after dinner. It went really well. We were able to help
her later in the week too where ewe arrived right on time to help her
out. She came to church for the first time on Sunday day too and
enjoyed it. The conference this Saturday will be amazing. I'm excited
for that! And general conference!

So we woke up at 5:15am today to go to the Redlands temple. We heard
they lay the newest new film in the first session but it wasn't. So we
were a little bummed but it was still an amazing trip. I felt the
spirit very strong and it was so nice to remember the amazing
blessings we've been given. I loved it. It's a bit overcast today but
the pictures look nice. I'll send them in another email.

Well that's about my week. I love you all and I'm sorry it's a short
email this week. I am so grateful for the support and blessings you
all have given me. I know that this is the Savior's church once again
established on the earth today and I am so thankful that we have the
restord truth and knowledge. I am so thankful for the temple and I know
that the temple is the house of The Lord that it is a place of peace
and comfort and that is needed in the crazy world we live in. I know
that we are all placed on the earth for a reason and that we are here
to help others around us as well as let them help us. I know my
Redeemer lives and that he knows each and every one of us and knows
how to succor us individually.

Love, Sister Celeste Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment