Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Church Is True and God Is Great!!

Oct. 23, 2013
Hello Family!!!

So much has happened in the past week and a day!! I love the MTC and my companions are amazing! I am in a tripanionship with Sister B and Sister T. Both of their testimonies are so strong! People have told us that trio's are really hard but so far we all get along and we all love each other. At first teaching was hard but after a while we were able to understand how to flow in our lessons, we are still working on it too. 

On Wednesday the 16th we had a busy day. Left S. and C. and Grandpa and Grandma  really quick at the curb. Thank you again for taking me and coming with me! I then got into my residence hall and put my bags down then it was off to class! That night we had a group teaching workshop where about 50 new missionaries taught one investigator. We did this three different times. The first was really rough! Everyone wanted to talk about the really deep stuff like life after death, pre-earth life and things along that line. The second investigator went great!! We taught about children don't need to be baptized before they are 8 (Moroni 8) because his grandson died when he was a couple days old. The spirit was so strong! The last one also didn't go so well there was no focus. 

Thursday was class and some more workshops. I also met my Branch President and I am the Music Coordinator. I love our Branch Presidency they are so nice! Friday we taught our first lesson! We are lucky to be able to teach two "investigators" because our district is so small- 3 Sister and 3 Elders. Our "investigators" are B. and L. (AKA our teachers role playing an investigator but it is SO real!) Embarrassing story...we are shown a video of the investigators and the teachers were like "Don't focus on if they look familiar" so someone asked if it was him and he said no its not...I didn't realize he was joking so a minute before we went in to teach L.-Sister V.-I found out it was actually her...yeah I felt pretty dumb! But my teachers are amazing and they help out so much! Sister V. is so sweet and Brother B. is so amazing! I swear he will become a General Authority some day!  B. is a former baptist and studied religion. He is really coming along in the lessons..we just finished the first lesson-finally!-but we really know who he is and are teaching him to his needs. Teach people not lessons. L. is a Catholic whose boyfriend is serving a mission so she became more interested in the church. We have invited both to be baptized and they said they will if they receive the answer if what we are teaching them is true.  

We are also teaching M. and now S. M. who we met yesterday! These two are real people from outside either non-members or members who us missionaries teach. We've had one lesson with M. and are teaching her later today. After we taught L. yesterday we were so excited cause the spirit was so strong and it was awesome! So another teacher helped us find a "golden investigator" walking around the campus. He found her on the third floor of our class building and we ran to talk to her...literally ran. So she got all excited cause we were excited! She's from Tennessee and she is super friendly and sweet and her accent is so cute! She's older too. We made a return appointment with her to teach her today as well.

So a cool experience happened with B. in our first lesson! He doesn't live with his family anymore and he doesn't go to church because he had an argument with the pastor. So we began the lesson by singing "I am a Child of God". Instantly the spirit was there and we are not good singers. We began teaching him that God loves him and the spirit was amazing! He started tearing up which we later found out that Brother B. does not cry easily at all! It has happened a few times since then as well, just not as strong. 

Devotional on Sunday and Tuesday was amazing!! It was so great and exactly what I needed! Never Postpone a promoting from the Lord and always BE BOLD! 

So I don't know what else to write just cause all we do is get ready, eat, go to the gym, have personal study, companion study, eat, 3 hr. class, eat, 3 hr. class, plan, then sleep. Our lives are all around our investigators and it's so great!! The food here is really good except there's so much good food it's hard to not eat it all! 

It's been so nice to hear from so many family members while I'm here! Your letters are greatly appreciated! I really love getting mail! Thank you all!!

I love you all so much! and I hope all is well with everyone! Thank you so much for all your support, love, and prayers for me! I know that this is where I am supposed to be and I know that what I am teaching is true! I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here serving a mission for the Lord and I know that if we have faith in Jesus Christ all other things in our lives will fall into place and be what they are supposed to be! I love you all so much and I pray for each of you multiple times throughout the day! We pray ALOT as missionaries! It's so great we can talk to our Heavenly Father and receive His help and guidance!

Love, 
Sister Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment